Learn the fundamentals of web authentication and authorization using Spring Security
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Learn basic login/password and two-phase authentication
- Secure access all the way from frontend to backend
- Learn about the available security models, SPEL, and pragmatic considerations
When it comes to security, you need a proven but easy to understand solution. Spring Security is a highly customizable authentication and access-control JVM framework with a 10 year history. It has most of the answers to your security questions ready out of the box, while still allowing you to customize and configure everything you need.
Instant Spring Security Starter will help you get started with Spring Security in one evening of reading and one day of programming. Focusing only on the aspects of Spring Security that are most useful in practice, this book explains the architectural concepts of the framework in a simple and straightforward manner.
You will start off by learning the big picture and how to set up Spring Security, which will give you a better understanding of the fundamentals of the framework. You will be introduced to the authentication and authorization flows and the different possible models of security. The book will then teach you how to secure methods and web resources with business rules and will discuss the reasons for using two-phase authentication. You will also learn about aspects that you need to watch out for, and how to deal with them in integration tests. Furthermore, we will also cover the common pitfalls, mistakes, and open Single Sign-on solutions. By the end of the book, you will have learned how to use Spring Security effectively, and the book will also show you a few advanced but very popular solutions to modern problems.
Table of Contents
Instant Spring Security Starter
- Instant Spring Security Starter
- About the Authors
- About the Reviewer
1. Instant Spring Security Starter
- So, what is Spring Security?
- Quick start – getting the basics right
Top 11 features you need to know about
- Password encoders
- Logging out
- Securing web resources
- Logged-in user in the backend
- Securing methods
- The power of SPEL
- Writing tests
- Exposing secured RESTful services
- What else you may want to know
- People and places you need to know about
- Title: Instant Spring Security Starter
- Release date: June 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781782168836