Learn to efficiently author software, blog posts, or any other text with Sublime Text 2
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Reduce redundant typing with contextual auto-complete
- Get a visual overview of, and move around in, your document with the preview pane
- Efficiently edit many lines of text with multiple cursors
There are many areas of computing that require the creating or editing and manipulating of text. We may need to author or edit plain-text documents for software development, building a website, or even just writing a blog post. While other options exist, Sublime Text 2 is a fast, feature-filled option that allows you to efficiently and rapidly manipulate and author your content or software with ease.
The "Instant Sublime Text Starter" book is a practical guide that provides numerous step-by-step instructions detailing some of the many features Sublime Text 2 provides to streamline your text editing. This starter can also serve as a reference guide to many of the great features Sublime Text 2 has to offer.
This book looks at the various features Sublime Text 2 offers in order to increase the efficiency and ease of text manipulation and creation with a focus on programming related topics. It will take you through basic tasks from opening and saving documents all the way up to defining your own snippets and macros. You will learn these topics by way of easy to reference, stand-alone, step-by-step tutorial sections.
You will also learn about some of the innovative features Sublime Text 2 has to offer, such as multiple cursors for editing in more than one place at a time, the preview pane, the command palette, and the Goto Anything features, among others.
With the Sublime Text 2 Starter, you will learn everything you need to know to begin using Sublime Text 2 and some of its more advanced features. This will provide you an excellent start on utilizing Sublime Text 2’s powerful features and give you a good foundation to move on to its most advanced features on your own.
Table of Contents
Instant Sublime Text Starter
- Instant Sublime Text Starter
- About the Author
- About the Reviewer
1. Instant Sublime Text Starter
- So, what is Sublime Text 2?
- OS X
- Ubuntu (Linux)
- Quick start – Creating your first text document
- Quick start – Editing your first text document
Top features you need to know about
- 1 – Minimap
- 2 – Multiple cursors
- 3 – Editor modes: Distraction Free and Vintage
- 4 – Goto Anything, Goto Symbol, and Goto Line
- 5 – Command Palette
- 6 – Plugins using Package Control
- 7 – Snippets
- 8 – Macros
- People and places you should get to know
- Title: Instant Sublime Text Starter
- Release date: January 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849693929