A kick-start for rapid development of asynchronous network applications using the Vert.x framework
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Implement parallel programming, without the hassle of traditional concurrency models
- Find easy asynchronous API for networking, filesystems, message passing, and clustering
- Interact with solid Java libraries such as JDBC and JPA from your modules written in any supported language through the eventbus
In traditional concurrent programming, it’s hard to achieve accuracy and even harder to achieve performance. vert.x has a revolutionary approach that takes care of all the thread orchestration, message passing, and shared data in the framework. Deadlocks?Synchronization? Thread pool management? These are now problems of the past.
Instant vert.x Starter is a practical, hands-on guide that provides you with a number of clear, step-by-step examples, which will help you to get the best out of the vert.x platform and asynchronous programming in general.
With Instant vert.x, you will learn everything you need to know to be an independent web application developer, ready to create real-world web applications in no time.
Table of Contents
- Instant Vert.x
- About the Author
- About the Reviewer
1. Instant Vert.x
- So, what is Vert.x?
- Quick start – creating your first web server
- Quick start – IRC-style chat with TCP server and event bus
Top 8 features you need to know about
- HTTP servers, HTTP clients, and event bus
- Transport layer security (SSL) for HTTP
- Asynchronous requests with SockJS-based EventBus bridge
- EventBus Bridge: breaking out of the request-response model
- Using all the cores – multiple instances and shared data
- Cache max size and eviction policies
- Scaling out – clustering
- Creating a module
- Installing third-party modules
- People and places you should get to know
- Title: Instant Vert.x
- Release date: August 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781783282913