Chapter 11. Integrating Tivoli Intelligent Orchestrator 581
The steps that are performed during the use of this proposed integration are:
1. Using a production analysis job, TWS plans the daily workload, estimates its
system use requirements, and prepares a resource request.
2. The resource request is sent to Tivoli Intelligent Orchestrator for the daily
batch workload requirements.
3. Tivoli Intelligent Orchestrator acquires additional servers, if the affected
applications’ Service Level Agreements are not violated by doing so, and
moves the servers to staging areas.
4. Tivoli Intelligent Orchestrator provisions servers with appropriate software for
job scheduling requirements and makes the resources available to TWS.
5. TWS executes daily jobs on the assigned resources.
6. As TWS completes jobs, resources are returned to the applications as
needed to be managed by Tivoli Intelligent Orchestrator.
11.2 Applying resources to ensure reliability
This scenario uses Tivoli Intelligent Orchestrator and Tivoli Enterprise Console to
provide resource and services to a failed application in the batch production plan
while keeping the batch window and associated downtime to a minimum.
Figure 11-2 on page 582 illustrates the integration steps that are involved.