Intermediate Ethical Hacking Hands-On Training provides an intermediate level of white, grey, and black hat skills every cybersecurity professional needs to know. In addition, advanced reconnaissance techniques are taught using the NMap scripting engine and various hacking tools used by pentesters.
Sections include web application attacks, wireless network attacks, PowerShell Empire, Netcat, and Wireshark fundamentals.
Learn how to create a reverse shell using command injection and also how to upgrade a dumb terminal to fully functional BASH Shell. Moving forward, we will also learn advanced password hacking with Metasploit and how to dump Wi-Fi credentials using netsh.
By the end of the course, you will have a deep understanding of external and internal network penetration testing, wireless penetration testing, and web application penetration testing. The lab exercises in the course are based on real-world application of Red Team best practices.
What You Will Learn
- Learn web application attacks
- Learn Python scripting for pentesters
- Learn wireless network attacks
- Learn advance hacking methodologies
- Learn about web app penetration testing
- Explore PowerShell Empire
This course is for anyone who is interested in learning intermediate skills of pentesting. Before taking this course, students should have completed an introduction to an ethical hacking or pentesting course.
About The Author
Cliff Krahenbill: Cliff Krahenbill, known as Professor K, is a technology professional and online instructor. He received his Master of Science degree in Cybersecurity from UMUC in 2015 and a Master of Science degree in Information Technology from Capella University in 2007. Professor K has been working in the field of technology since 1998 as a Microsoft support technician, Microsoft certified trainer, technology support specialist, senior network technology consultant, IT auditor, and most recently, as the owner and operator of his own technology firm, CLK Technology Solutions, located in Tucson, Arizona.
Professor K’s expertise in technology lies in designing, building, and supporting network infrastructures and network security. He has been teaching online courses since 2008 and conducts online classes for universities and colleges. He holds numerous technology certifications, which include the following:
MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuration
MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuration
MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuration
A+, Net+, Security+
He spends his spare time working in his woodshop and providing free technical support to the local retirement community in Tucson, Arizona.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Course Overview
- Chapter 2 : Virtual Lab Build
- Chapter 3 : NMap
- Chapter 4 : Reverse Shells, Privilege Escalation, and Persistent Backdoors
- Chapter 5 : PowerShell Empire
- Chapter 6 : Post Exploitation of Microsoft Windows
- Chapter 7 : Practical Pentesting Labs
- Chapter 8 : Auditing Wireless Networks
- Chapter 9 : Wireshark
Chapter 10 : Web App Penetration Testing
- Creating a virtual install of OWASP
- Setting Up Burp Suite
- Attack Web Apps with Burp Suite Using SQL Injection
- OS Command Injection Using Commix 3.2x
- Web Application Firewall Detection Using WAFW00F
- Exploit Vulnerable Web Applications Using Command Injection
- Using Banner Grabbing to Aid in Reconnaissance
- Chapter 11 : Remaining Anonymous While Pentesting
- Chapter 12 : SQL Injection to Shell Walkthrough
- Title: Intermediate Ethical Hacking Hands-on Training
- Release date: September 2021
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781803246390
You might also like
Microsoft Power BI - The Complete Masterclass [2023 EDITION]
Microsoft Power BI is an interactive data visualization software primarily focusing on business intelligence, part of …
C# Basics for Absolute Beginners in C# and .NET
C# is a simple, yet modern Object-Oriented Programming language developed by Microsoft within its .Net initiative. …
Statistics and Mathematics for Data Science and Data Analytics
If you aim for a career in data science or data analytics, this course will equip …
Microsoft Windows Server 2019 - Hands-On Training Part I
Windows Server 2019 is the operating system that bridges on-premises environments with Azure services, enabling hybrid …