Chapter 6. Building a Web Monitor and Controlling Devices from a Dashboard
In this chapter, we will talk about a very important part of this book, creating a web page that can control different kinds of devices from a dashboard. In an automated home there are different kinds of devices that could be controlled, for example: lamps, doors or windows, washing machines, and so on.
In this chapter, we will cover the following topics:
- Configuring MySQL database server
- Installing phpMyAdmin for administrating databases
- Datalogger with MySQL
- Dimming a LED
- Controlling the speed of a DC motor
- Controlling lights with electrical circuits
- Controlling door locks
- Controlling watering plants
- Remote access from anywhere to your Raspberry Pi Zero
- Controlling lights and measuring ...