It’s time to put what you’ve learned so far into action. In this chapter, you’ll build a child’s table lamp. The lamp project uses poly and NURBS modeling techniques to give you some practical experience with a larger project in the Autodesk® Maya® software.
- Use bevels and extrusions efficiently
- Manipulate curves to create poly meshes with Revolve ⇒ Surface
- Create a shape with a path extrusion
- See the differences between the Maya and Modeling Toolkit workflows
- Use reference images to shape your models
- See how to set up views with grid lines to align reference images for modeling
- See how images are lined up to make reference images for modeling
- Work in the ...