The best way to learn about animation is to start animating, so you’ll begin this chapter with the classic exercise of bouncing a ball. You’ll then take a closer look at the animation tools the Autodesk® Maya® software provides and how they work for your scene. You’ll do that by throwing an axe. Finally, you’ll tackle animating a more complex system of parts when you bring a locomotive to life.
- Learning Outcomes: In this chapter, you will be able to
- Set keyframes to establish the movement scheme for an object
- Import objects into a scene
- Create the feeling of weight and mass for an animated object using scale animation
- Read animation curves in the Graph Editor
- Differentiate among different animation principles ...