Chapter 4Descriptive Biostatistics in Community and Public Health
After reading this chapter you should be able to
- Define basic terms in biostatistics.
- Identify sources of data in community and public health.
- Name commonly used variables in community and public health.
- Describe levels of measurement.
- Describe how data are grouped in biostatistics.
- Identify measures of central tendency and measures of dispersion.
- Identify the various graphs used in community and public health.
- Apply basic SPSS to data analysis.
This chapter has been designed to provide an overview of descriptive biostatistics used in community and public health. Included in this chapter are the basic terms used in descriptive biostatistics and sources ...