Chapter 9Methods in Health Education and Health Promotion
After reading this chapter you should be able to
- Explain how health promotion interventions can be tailored to specific audiences.
- Differentiate between cognitive and affective methods used in health promotion.
- Describe a variety of cognitive methods in health promotion.
- Describe a variety of affective methods in health promotion.
- Describe a variety of environmental methods in health promotion.
This chapter has been designed to give an overview of methods commonly used to implement health promotion programs. As discussed in Chapter 8, when planning and designing a behavior change intervention, it is important for the program to have a theoretical foundation. ...