Chapter 10Population Dynamics and Control
After reading this chapter you should be able to
- Define basic terms pertaining to population dynamics and control.
- Explain basic nomenclature relating to family planning and contraceptive planning.
- Explain the four phases of the demographic cycle.
- Identify and explain the basic global population trends.
- Enumerate the different contraceptive options available, and comment on the comparable efficacy of each.
- Define fertility indicators and be able to enumerate and explain the different indicators covered in this chapter.
This chapter has been designed to give an overview of the field of population dynamics and control.
The demographic cycle is the temporal ...