Chapter 13Organization, Financing, and Delivery of Health Services and Public Health Systems in the United States
After reading this chapter you should be able to
- Describe the basic organization of the US health care system.
- Discuss the different parts of the public and private health insurance components of the health care system.
- List the basic features of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- Discuss the factors that affect health care utilization.
- Describe the impact of lack of insurance on access to health care services.
- Discuss the major trends pertaining to the uninsured population in the United States.
- Describe the essential public health services.
This chapter has been designed to give an overview ...