Chapter 14Program Planning, Budgeting, Management, and Evaluation in Community Initiatives
After reading this chapter you should be able to
- Describe the core elements of a logic model.
- Identify four basic types of resources.
- Differentiate between goals and objectives.
- Describe how to develop and maintain a budget.
- Explain the functions of a public health manager.
- Describe the purpose of an SWOT analysis.
- Explain the essential elements of program evaluation.
In Chapter 7 a number of program planning models were introduced to the reader in order to provide an overview of how a public health manager can plan, implement, and evaluate a public health program. In this chapter more of the planning process is discussed, including ...