After reading this chapter you should be able to
- Define systems thinking, and elucidate the challenges faced in applications of systems thinking to public health.
- Be able to differentiate between a systems thinking approach and a conventional approach to health systems.
- Define leadership, and briefly describe the four theoretical frameworks for leadership.
- Define leadership style, including the three principal leadership styles.
- Define cultural competence in health care, and discuss the importance of cultural competence.
- Discuss the techniques of cultural competence.
- Explain CLAS standards.