Network Access Control and Wireless Network Security
The learning goals for this chapter are as follows:
- Understand the structure and function of the many system components that provide for Network Access Control (NAC)
- Explore the components and function of the Kerberos protocol, and the fundamental role it plays in authentication
- Learn the function and structure of the Trusted Program Module (TPM) and its role in support of NAC
- Explore the use of multiple factor authentications and the attendant standards when using cryptographic tokens and Trusted Program Modules
- Explore the structure and methods employed with the 802.1X protocol in providing port-based NAC in a Local Area Network (LAN)
- Understand the techniques and standards involved ...