After reading this chapter you should be able to
- Understand the common categories of health care providers.
- Articulate the similarities and differences between a medical doctor and a doctor of osteopathic medicine.
- Explain the similarities and differences between a psychologist and a psychiatrist.
- Contrast the duties performed by the three levels of nurses.
- Summarize the various types of rehabilitation professionals and the duties of their specialties of care.
- Differentiate the responsibilities of radiologic and imaging professionals.
- Value the importance of collaboration among health care providers within or across specialties.
- Describe the projected job outlook ...