After reading this chapter you should be able to
- Understand the reasons for the rapid expansion of ambulatory care settings.
- Name some of the most common diagnosis groups that lead patients to visit ambulatory care providers.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of receiving care in outpatient settings rather than inpatient settings.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of receiving a surgical procedure in an ambulatory surgery center rather than an inpatient hospital.
- Describe the services that home health agencies provide.
- Explain the philosophy behind hospice care, the indications for that care, and the common services available to hospice patients.
- Discuss ...