The Adult Learner
• Age as a determinate of adult learner populations
• Differences between adult and child learners
• Adult learning principles
• Generational learning as a design consideration
• Addressing adult learning challenges
• Designing for adults with learning disabilities
• Determining how adults learn best
At the end of this chapter, the learner should be able to:
• Define adult learning as a distinct area of interest in ISD.
• Determine the age of adulthood for ISD purposes.
• Compare how adults and children learn.
• List examples of adult learning principles.
• Define the term generational learning.
• Describe at least three adult learning challenges.
• Describe the impact of ...