Understand the building blocks of IoT and learn how to prototype your own IoT projects from scratch
About This Video
- A comprehensive and friendly guide to understanding how to the Internet of Things works.
- Covers Internet of Things with fully up-to-date techniques, code examples, and used cases.
- A practical tutorial designed for anyone in understanding IoT.
IoT is a hot area and it has the potential to impact a variety of industries. This course is designed to initiate the widest possible group of people to the field of IoT and will be comprehensive in its scope. This course supplies in-depth content that put the theory into practice.
The course will start with a basic introduction to IoT and take the student through an IoT solution case study. You will then be given with another case study to understand the building blocks of a typical IoT solution which will introduce the Sparkfun ESP8266 “Thing”, which is a customized ESP8266 development board which we will use to rapidly prototype IoT solutions. The course will then introduce you to Cayenne - a drag and drop IoT platform which helps you to build IoT solutions fast without any programming needed, it also assists you in building interesting IoT solutions that cover all the basic building blocks of IoT.
Finally, you will be able to build IoT solutions on your own to solve your business needs.
The code bundle to this course is available at: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Introduction-to-Internet-of-Things
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Introduction to Internet of Things
- The Course Overview 00:05:30
- What Is IoT? 00:04:26
- Why Should You Care about IoT? 00:05:07
- How IoT Is Impacting a Variety of Industries 00:05:25
- A Typical IoT Solution to a Business Problem – Case Study 00:05:16
- Chapter 2 : Components of an Iot Solution
- Chapter 3 : Introducing the “Thing”
- Chapter 4 : Working with Cayenne
- Chapter 5 : Machine to Machine IoT Project
- Title: Introduction to Internet of Things
- Release date: April 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788830652