Get familiar with the world of Java and Scala!
About This Video
- Provides in-depth coverage of the Java Virtual Machine and its features
- Filled with practical examples, it helps you understand the core concepts of Java and Scala
- Work with various programming paradigms and gain knowledge about imperative, object-oriented, and functional programming
Anyone who knows software development knows about the Java Virtual Machine (JVM). The JVM is responsible for interpreting Java byte code and translating it into actions. In the beginning, Java was the only programming language used for the JVM. But the increasing complexity of the language and the remarkable performance of the JVM created an opening for a new generation of programming languages.
If you want to build a strong foundation with the JVM and get started with popular modern programming languages, then this video is for you. The video will begin with a general introduction to the JVM and its features, which are common to the JVM languages, helping you get abreast of its concepts. It then dives into explaining languages such as Java and Scala, and shows you how to work with each language, their features, use cases, and pros and cons. By writing example projects in these languages and focusing on each language’s strong points, it will help you find the programming language that is most appropriate for your particular needs.
By the end of the course, you will have written multiple programs that run on the JVM and will know the differences between both languages.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Java Virtual Machine
- Chapter 2 : Developing on the Java Virtual Machine
- Chapter 3 : Java
- Chapter 4 : Java Programming
- Chapter 5 : Scala
- Chapter 6 : Scala Programming
- Title: Introduction to JVM Languages - JVM, Java, Scala
- Release date: November 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788834513
You might also like
Building Microservices with Spring Boot, Second Edition
7+ Hours of Video Instruction The term “microservices” has gained significant traction over the last few …
Algorithms: 24-part Lecture Series
Algorithms, Deluxe Edition, Fourth Edition These Algorithms Video Lectures cover the essential information that every serious …
Expanded Edition (August 2018) Updated with Design Patterns episodes from the Clean Code series from Clean …
Core Java 11 Fundamentals, Second Edition
10 Hours of Video Instruction Overview Core Java® has long been recognized as the leading, no-nonsense …