Nearly every incident response that occurs in the cyber security field comes back to the initial intrusion vector: malware. In this course, you will learn about the various types and categories of malware, their symptoms, and how they work. As an incident responder, it is imperative that you understand the symptoms of malware, but more importantly that you are able to understand what that malware is doing, and quickly. So, if you have ever wondered how to better understand malware, this is the course for you!
What You Will Learn
- You will understand the steps and processes involved in static and dynamic malware analysis.
- You will be able to perform basic dynamic malware analysis.
- You will understand the various types of malware found in the wild
Anyone who wants to gain an understanding of how malware functions. Anyone who wants to learn the steps and processes involved in malware analysis
About The Author
Jason Dion: Jason Dion, CISSP No. 349867, is an adjunct instructor at Liberty University's College of Engineering and Computational Science and Anne Arundel Community College's Department of Computing Technologies with multiple information technology professional certifications, including Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Certified Network Defense Architect (CNDA), Digital Forensic Examiner (DFE), Digital Media Collector (DMC), Security+, Network+, A+, PRINCE2, and Information Technology Infrastructure Library v3. He has been a deputy director of a network operations center, and an information systems officer for large organizations around the globe.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction
- Chapter 2 : Malware Concepts: Building a solid foundation upon which to learn
- Chapter 3 : Malware Analysis: Foundational concepts before begin working with malware
- Chapter 4 : Setting Up the Analysis Environment (FlareVM)
- Chapter 5 : Conducting the Analysis
- Chapter 6 : Conclusion
- Title: Introduction to Malware Analysis for Incident Responders
- Release date: May 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789530612
You might also like
Advanced Malware Analysis
In this video course, we cover advanced malware analysis topics. Towards this goal, we first understand …
Mastering Malware Analysis
Master malware analysis to protect your systems from getting infected Key Features Set up and model …
Malware Analysis Techniques
Analyze malicious samples, write reports, and use industry-standard methodologies to confidently triage and analyze adversarial software …
Penetration Testing Fundamentals: A Hands-On Guide to Reliable Security Audits
The perfect introduction to pen testing for all IT professionals and students · Clearly explains key …