Increase your cybersecurity capability by learning to perform dynamic and static malware analysis!
About This Video
- You will build your own malware analysis virtual lab to create a safe analysis environment using FlareVM.
- We will perform the analysis on a real-world piece of malware to fully understand the concepts covered in this course.
Nearly every incident response that occurs in the cyber security field comes back to the initial intrusion vector: malware. In this course, you will learn about the various types and categories of malware, their symptoms, and how they work. As an incident responder, it is imperative that you understand the symptoms of malware, but more importantly that you are able to understand what that malware is doing, and quickly. So, if you have ever wondered how to better understand malware, this is the course for you!
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Introduction
- Welcome to the Course 00:02:53
- Chapter 2 : Malware Concepts: Building a solid foundation upon which to learn
- Chapter 3 : Malware Analysis: Foundational concepts before begin working with malware
- Chapter 4 : Setting Up the Analysis Environment (FlareVM)
Chapter 5 : Conducting the Analysis
- Attempting Static Analysis with Floss 00:02:35
- Beginning Dynamic Analysis with Autoruns 00:03:46
- Investigating the Scheduled Task 00:03:02
- Packet Analysis with Wireshark and Process Monitoring 00:09:34
- Files and Folders Created 00:03:45
- Static Analysis with Ida and OllyDbg 00:04:34
- Static Analysis with Process Dump 00:08:12
- Open Source Research 00:04:40
Chapter 6 : Conclusion
- Conclusion 00:01:33
- Title: Introduction to Malware Analysis for Incident Responders
- Release date: May 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789530612