TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION
• Why is it necessary to think visually?
• What are the preparations for scriptwriting?
• What are the script formats?
• How do fiction and nonfiction scripts differ?
• What are dramatic and narrative script structures?
• What are rhetorical and expository script structures?
Scriptwriting can be divided into two basic categories: fiction and nonfiction. Many feature films, television series, miniseries, serials, made-for-TV movies, and interactive games originated from works of fiction, and most documentaries, news programs, commercials, corporate videos, and interactive educational or training productions are works of nonfiction. Fiction scripts generally present dramatic stories imaginatively ...