BASIC COMMUNICATION TOOLS
- The communication process
- How to read messages sent from system administrator—The news command
- Enabling one’s terminal for communication—The mesg command
- Classical communication commands—The write, wall and talk commands
- Getting detailed information of users—The finger command
- Rudimentaries of the e-mail concept
Virtually everyone at work communicates. No matter what the field is, and no matter how much one knows about his or her job, communication facilities and skills are vital. A group of researchers working with the development of Unix identified this fact at the very beginning. As a result, at present, there exist many Unix programs that have made communication by using computers a ...