- UCITS fund structures are similar to a European “passport” that enables to sell funds order across the European Union.
- Given the robust risk framework and strict governance, global UCITS fund platforms are structured to appeal to international investors.
- Acknowledging the increasing need to provide cross-border solutions, CIMB-Principal Islamic Asset Management (“CIMB-Principal Islamic”) established a UCITS funds platform in Ireland in December 2011.
- Shariah-compliant UCITS are globally offered, but currently the market is very small and totals 26 funds in Ireland and Luxembourg.
- Although Shariah-complaint UCITS are referred to as Islamic, they were mostly established by conventional asset managers.
- Shariah-compliant UCITS funds investors will be reassured by a regulatory framework that is clear, straightforward, and easily understood.
With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training,
learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.