External testing is good when the app is in the final stages of development. You can select anyone to be an external tester, and you can send builds to up to 10,000 testers. Apple may review apps for external testers. Here are the steps:
- Go to http://appstoreconnect.apple.com and select My Apps.
- Select the app that you want to test.
- Click the Testflight tab:
- Select Add External Testers:
- Type in a name for the test group and click Create:
- Click the + button next to Testers and choose Add New testers: