Chapter 22. Multitasking in depth
- Monitoring the location service in the background
- Building an audio-playing application
- Enabling background audio playing
- Handling remote-control events
In the previous chapter, you learned the multitasking basics in iOS 4 and how to finish a task in the background with blocks and Grand Central Dispatch. When the application needs to (or for better user experience) continue running in the background, remember that these multitasking features are available on iOS 4:
- Audio—The application can continue running and play audio to the user while in the background. The user can use the multitasking UI or the lock screen UI to remotely control the audio play, pause, fast-forward, and so ...