Apple has made it easy to get started
developing for iOS out of the box. To access the true power of iOS,
however, you need to go beyond these simple tools and APIs.
Experienced app developer Shawn Welch teaches you how to tap into
the true potential of iOS by incorporating some of the most
powerful technologies it has to offer.
Using Core Data and iCloud, you'll learn how to store information locally and sync seamlessly across multiple devices and platforms. Leverage iOS 5's new Twitter APIs, which provide painless Twitter and OAuth support using the new Accounts framework. Use Location Services to incorporate new iOS 5 features, such as reverse geolocation lookup and region notifications. Incorporate rich media into your apps using Graphics, Animation, Audio, Video, and post-processing photo filters and analysis through Core Image. Finally, explore Newsstand, which lets you create your own periodical content and push new content to devices, even when the app is not running.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Dedication Page
- Welcome to iOS 5 Core Frameworks
- 1. iOS Frameworks
- Part I: Your Data and the Cloud
- Part II: Location and Account Services
- Part III: Graphics, Images, and Animation
- Part IV: Multimedia: Audio and Video
- Part V: iOS 5 Newsstand Apps
- Title: iOS 5 Core Frameworks: Develop and Design: Working with graphics, location, iCloud, and more
- Release date: December 2011
- Publisher(s): Peachpit Press
- ISBN: 9780132852883