Using the application and testing the tough cases
Gather your collection of objects, run BeanCounter, and observe your classifier's successes and failures. Also, check whether the detector is doing a good job. For the best results, obey the following guidelines:
- Work in a well-lit area, such as a sunny room.
- Use a flat, white background, such as a clean sheet of paper.
- View one object at a time.
- Keep the iOS device stable. If necessary, use a tripod or other support.
- Ensure that the object is in focus. If necessary, tap the screen to focus.
- If the object is shiny, ensure that it does not catch reflections.
Under these ideal conditions, what is your classifier's accuracy? Use BeanCounter to save some images of objects, and then select a few of them to ...