Chapter 4. View controllers, views, and outlets
This chapter covers
- Exploring the view controller life cycle
- Creating views
- Modifying properties of views
- Connecting views in the storyboard with code
Now that you’re familiar with Xcode and how to create a project, and you’ve explored Swift, the language you’ll use to build apps, you’re ready to start building an app.
In this chapter, you’ll use view controllers and views, the basic building blocks of building any app, to build two example apps:
- You’ll build a basic “Hello World”-style interface purely in code in an app called ViewsInCode.
- You’ll then build views into an interface in Interface Builder in a distance converter app. Using the Distance structure that you built in chapter ...