Easily Unlock the Power of Your iPad, iPad mini, or
Discover hundreds of tips and tricks you can use right away with your iPad, iPad mini, or iPhone to maximize its functionality. Learn to use your iOS 6 mobile device as a powerful communication, organization, and productivity tool, as well as a feature-packed entertainment device.
In addition to learning all about the apps that come preinstalled on your iPad or iPhone, you will learn about some of the best third-party apps currently available, plus discover useful strategies for how to best utilize them in your personal and professional life.
Using an easy-to-understand, nontechnical approach, this book is ideal for beginners and more experienced iPad, iPad mini, or iPhone users who want to discover how to use the iOS 6 operating system with iCloud, and the latest versions of popular apps. If you’re an iPad 2, iPad 3rd or 4th generation, iPad mini, iPhone 4S, or iPhone 5 user, this book is an indispensible tool.
Here’s just a sampling of what the tips, tricks, and strategies offered in this book will help you accomplish:
Discover how to take full advantage of powerful iOS 6 features, like Notification Center.
Learn secrets for using preinstalled apps, such as Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, Maps, Notes, Safari, Mail, and Music.
Find, download, and install the most powerful and versatile apps and content for your iPad, iPad mini, or iPhone.
Synchronize files, documents, data, photos, and content with iCloud, your computer, or other iOS mobile devices.
Learn how to interact with your tablet or phone using your voice in conjunction with Siri and the Dictation feature.
Create and maintain a reliable backup of your iOS 6 device.
Discover how to take visually impressive photos using the cameras built into your iPad, iPad mini, or iPhone, and then share them using iCloud Shared Photo Streams, Facebook, Twitter, email, or other methods.
Use your iOS mobile device as an eBook reader, portable gaming machine, and feature-packed music and video player.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
1. Upgrading to iOS 6
- How to Upgrade from iOS 4.3.4 (or Earlier) to iOS 6
- Wireless Upgrade From iOS 5 to iOS 6 (or Later)
- How to Configure iOS 6 on Your New iPhone or iPad
- Where’s My Device? How to Use the Find My iPhone or Find My iPad Feature
- Integrate Your Data, Apps, and More with Apple’s iCloud
- How to Update Your Apps Wirelessly
- Keep iOS Up to Date Wirelessly
- 2. Tips and Tricks for Customizing Settings
- 3. Strategies for Finding, Buying, and Using Third-Party Apps
- 4. Make the Most of Notification Center
- 5. Using Siri and Dictation to Interact with Your iOS Device
- 6. Sync and Share Files Using iCloud
- 7. Communicate Effectively with iMessage
- 8. Organize Your Life With Reminders and Notes
- 9. Navigating with the Newly Revamped Maps App
- 10. Make the Most of Social Networking Apps
11. Shoot, Edit, and Share Photos and Videos
- Methods for Loading Digital Images into Your iPhone or iPad
- The New and Improved Camera App
- Tips for Shooting Eye-Catching Photos
- Using the Photos App to View, Edit, Enhance, Print, and Share Photos and Videos
- Edit Your Photos with Third-Party Photography Apps
- Create and Manage a Photo Stream Via iCloud
- Create and Manage a Shared Photo Stream Via iCloud
- 12. Make and Receive Calls with an iPhone
- 13. Use New Safari Features to Surf More Efficiently
- 14. Manage Your Email Efficiently
- 15. Calendar and Contact Management Strategies
- 16. iOS 6 Gaming
- 17. Use the Music and Videos Apps
18. Customize Your Reading Experience with iBooks and Newsstand
- Customize iBooks Settings
- Download and Install iBooks on Your iOS Device
- The iBooks Main Library Screen
- Browse and Shop for eBooks via iBookstore
- Using iCloud with iBooks
- Customize Your eBook Reading Experience Using iBooks
- Create Your Own eBooks Using Apple’s iBooks Author Software
- Alternative Methods for Reading Your eBooks
- Read Digital Editions of Newspapers and Magazines With The Newsstand App
- 19. Be Productive Using Pages, Numbers, and Keynote
- Appendix A. Take Advantage of the Passbook App and Discover Other Awesome Things Your iOS Device Can Do
- 20. Videoconferencing and Voice-over-IP (VoIP) Calling
21. Use AirPlay for Entertainment Connectivity
- Introduce Apple TV to Your HDTV and Home-Theater System
- Using AirPlay with Apple TV and Your iPhone or iPad
- Stream Digital Photos from Your iOS Device to Your Home-Theater System
- Stream Music from Your iOS Device to Your Home Theater
- Stream iTunes Video Content from Your iOS Device to Your Home Theater
- AirPlay Can Also Be Used to Link Your iOS Mobile Device and Wireless Speakers
- Connect Your iOS Device to Your Home-Theater System Using an Optional Cable
- Using Your iOS Device with a Bluetooth Accessory
- Appendix B. Getting Started with iTunes 11
- Title: iPad® and iPhone® Tips and Tricks (Covers iOS 6 on iPad, iPad mini, and iPhone), Second Edition
- Release date: December 2012
- Publisher(s): Que
- ISBN: 9780133143485
You might also like
Outlook® 2007 Business Contact Manager For Dummies®
Keep track of customers, coordinate projects, and implement initiatives The fun and easy way(r) to put …
Flash CS4 All-in-One For Dummies®
Ready to take your Flash skills to the next level? Learn how to use Adobe Flash …
Office 2013 In Depth
Both an unparalleled reference and an exceptionally practical deskside resource, Office 2013 In Depth is the …
Financial Intelligence for IT Professionals: What You Really Need to Know About the Numbers
As an IT manager, you're expected to make key decisions and recommend major investments. And that …