iPad® and iPhone® Tips and Tricks
Covers iPad Air, iPad 3rd/4th generation, iPad 2, iPad mini, iPhone 5S, 5/5C and 4/4S running iOS 7
Easily Unlock the Power of Your iPad, iPad mini, or iPhone
Discover hundreds of tips and tricks you can
use right away with your iPad, iPad mini, or iPhone
to maximize its functionality. Learn to use your iOS 7 mobile device as a powerful communication, organization, and productivity tool, as well as a feature-packed entertainment device.
In addition to learning all about the apps
that come preinstalled on your iPad or iPhone, you will learn about
some of the best third-party apps currently available, plus
discover useful strategies for how to
best utilize them in your personal and professional life.
Using an easy-to-understand, nontechnical
approach, this book is ideal for beginners and more experienced
iPad, iPad mini, or iPhone users who want to discover how to use
the iOS 7 operating
system with iCloud, and the latest versions of popular apps. If you’re using an iPad running iOS 7, this book is an indispensable tool!
Here’s just a sampling of what the tips, tricks, and strategies offered in this book will help you accomplish:
• Discover how to take full advantage of powerful iOS 7 features, such as Control Center and AirDrop.
• Create and maintain a reliable backup of your iOS 7 device.
• Learn secrets for using preinstalled apps, such as Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, Maps, Notes, Safari, Mail, and Music.
• Find, download, and install the most powerful and versatile apps and content for your iPad, iPad mini, or iPhone.
• Synchronize files, documents, data, photos, and content with iCloud, your computer, or other iOS mobile devices.
• Learn how to interact with your tablet or phone using your voice with Siri and the Dictation feature.
• Discover how to take visually impressive photos using the cameras built in to your iPad, iPad mini, or iPhone, and then share them using iCloud Shared Photo Streams, Facebook, Twitter, email, or other methods.
• Use your iOS mobile device as an eBook reader, portable gaming machine, and feature-packed music and video player.
Table of Contents
- About This eBook
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
- 1. Tips and Tricks for Customizing Settings
- 2. Using Siri, Dictation, and iOS In Your Car to Interact with Your Mobile Device
- 3. Strategies for Finding, Buying, and Using Third-Party Apps
4. Sync, Share, and Print Files Using iCloud, AirDrop, AirPlay, and AirPrint
- Content Saved to iCloud Is Available Anywhere
- Access Your App-Specific Data Online at iCloud.com
- Automatically Transfer Documents Using iCloud
- Create a Photo Stream Using iCloud
- Using a Unique Apple ID for iCloud
- Backing Up with iCloud
- iCloud: Many Uses, One Storage Space
- Share Data with Other Nearby iPhone and iPad Users via AirDrop
- Stream Content from Your iPhone or iPad to Other Compatible Devices Using AirPlay
- Print Files Wirelessly Using an AirPrint-Compatible Printer
- 5. Organize Your Life with Reminders and Notes
- 6. Navigating with the Maps App
7. Make the Most of Online Social Networking Apps
- Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and Vimeo Integration Is Built In to iOS 7
- Manage Your Facebook Account Using the Official Facebook App
- Manage Your Twitter Account(s) Using the Official Twitter App
- Discover the Official Apps for Other Popular Online Social Networking Services
- Become a Blogger and Start Blogging from Your iPhone or iPad
8. Shoot, Edit, and Share Photos and Videos
- Methods for Loading Digital Images into Your iPhone or iPad
- The Redesigned Camera App
- Tips for Shooting Eye-Catching Photos
- Using the Photos App to View, Edit, Enhance, Print, and Share Photos and Videos
- Edit Your Photos with Third-Party Photography Apps
- Create and Manage a Photo Stream via iCloud
- Create and Manage a Shared Photo Stream via iCloud
- 9. Make and Receive Calls with an iPhone
- 10. Video Phone Call Strategies Using FaceTime
11. Send and Receive Emails, Text, and Instant Messages with the Mail and Messages Apps
- How to Add Email Accounts to the Mail App
- How to Customize Mail Options from Settings
- Tips for Viewing Your Incoming Email
- Composing an Email Message
- Tips for Reading Email
- Communicate Effectively with Apple’s iMessage Service
- Quick Start: Apple’s iMessage Service
- Tips and Tricks for Using the Messages App
- 12. Surf the Web More Efficiently Using Safari
- 13. Calendar and Contact Management Strategies
- 14. Get Acquainted with the Music, Videos, and iTunes Store Apps
15. Customize Your Reading Experience with iBooks and Newsstand
- Customize iBooks Settings
- The iBooks Main Library Screen
- Browse and Shop for eBooks via iBookstore
- Using iCloud with iBooks
- Customize Your eBook Reading Experience Using iBooks
- Create Your Own eBooks Using Apple’s iBooks Author Software
- Alternative Methods for Reading Your eBooks
- Acquire Digital Editions of Newspapers and Magazines with the Newsstand App
- Appendix A. Set Up Your New iPhone or iPad
- Appendix B. Take Advantage of the Passbook App and Discover Other Awesome Things Your iOS Device Can Do
- Title: iPad and iPhone Tips and Tricks: (covers iOS7 for iPad Air, iPad 3rd/4th generation, iPad 2, and iPad mini, iPhone 5S, 5/5C & 4/4S)
- Release date: November 2013
- Publisher(s): Que
- ISBN: 9780133554007