Developing an Enterprise Mobility Strategy
What's in this Chapter?
- Information technology as a strategic business enabler
- Understanding the elements of a mobile strategy
- How to ensure that mobility delivers business results
- Managing the often conflicting demands of mobility
- Taking advantage of enterprise-wide economies of scale
- Developing and maintaining enterprise best practices
In the first two chapters, you were introduced to the overall mobile landscape and the impact that the iPad is having on corporate IT. We also discussed the trends around the “consumerization of IT” and how the iPad is acting as a catalyst and encouraging greater and more rapid enterprise adoption as a result of those trends.
This chapter explores the concept of information technology as a strategy, and how mobile technology, including the iPad specifically, should fit into an enterprise's mobile strategy. There are seven key components of a mobile strategy that will be discussed in this chapter.
After digging into the specific components of a mobile strategy, you'll learn how to make sure the iPad is driving the results and benefits desired by the business.
Then you'll cover the process of managing all the conflicting demands for mobility across the business. There are many different roles that view mobility from widely differing perspectives, from the users themselves to the business operation, the marketing department, and of course the IT department. In developing a mobile strategy, it's ...