Chapter 4. A Picture Speaks a Thousand Words
In this chapter, we will cover:
- Choosing an icon image for the application
- Specifying a splash image
- Displaying an image inside a container
- Creating a grid with images
- Creating a carousel for images
- Rotating images
- Scaling an image by applying animations
- Taking and displaying pictures
- Drawing geometric figures
- Applying colors
- Working with gradients
- Adding an activity indicator
Undoubtedly, images and graphics are very important for the user interface of any kind of application. Web applications for iPhone aren't an exception. In fact, we can use many different kinds of images, from photos taken with the iPhone's camera, to geometric figures, or even maps.
This chapter focuses on how to use graphics and ...