Chapter 1: Security Governance Through Principles and Policies
- B. The primary goals and objectives of security are confidentiality, integrity, and availability, commonly referred to as the CIA Triad.
- A. Vulnerabilities and risks are evaluated based on their threats against one or more of the CIA Triad principles.
- B. Availability means that authorized subjects are granted timely and uninterrupted access to objects.
- C. Hardware destruction is a violation of availability and possibly integrity. Violations of confidentiality include capturing network traffic, stealing password files, social engineering, port scanning, shoulder surfing, eavesdropping, and sniffing.
- C. Violations of confidentiality are ...