How would your organisation keep going in the event of a crisis? If you got hit by a disaster and lost the use of your IT systems, would you be able to continue operating? To minimise the impact of a disaster on your business, and to continue to provide essential services to your customers, you need to put in place a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS).
Without a proper risk assessment strategy, your company directors could even face prosecution if a major incident occurs and results in loss or injury.
An introduction to ISO22301
ISO22301: A Pocket Guide is designed to help you do what is necessary to satisfy the requirements of ISO22301, the latest international standard for Business Continuity Management (BCM). With the expert advice contained in this guide, you can ensure your organisation develops a business continuity plan that is fit for purpose.
Learn how to build your Business Continuity Management System (BCMS)
- Plan and manage the BCMS project - If you are going to have a proper BCMS you will need to make business continuity a formal project. This book gives you valuable tips on how to draw up the BCM policy and establish the BCMS project, along with basic guidance on conducting a business impact analysis.
- Secure your licence to operate
- Organisations such as law firms now have to put in place a BCMS in order to obtain a licence to operate.
- Retain your competitive edge
- Organisations are beginning to seek formal assurance that their suppliers will be able to continue supplying them in the event of an interruptive incident. If you are a supplier having a BCMS that is certified to ISO22301 therefore represents a significant competitive advantage.
- Satisfy corporate governance concerns
- A well-run company will have a strong corporate governance framework. Business continuity planning is a basic requirement of corporate governance.
Expert ISO22301 guidance
Tony Drewitt has specialised in operational risk management and business continuity management since 2001, and he works with small, medium and large organisations to help them develop their BCM policies, strategies and plans. Tony was one of the first practitioners to achieve certification under BS25999 (for a client in 2008) and is currently working with several organisations to develop management systems in line with BS25999 and ISO22301. He has written several books on business continuity, including BS25999: A Pocket Guide, A Manager's Guide to BS25999 and Everything You Want to Know About Business Continuity, all published by ITGP.
Start building a business continuity plan today with this essential guide"
Table of contents
- CHAPTER 1: BUSINESS CONTINUITY – WHAT’S THAT?
- CHAPTER 2: BEFORE BCM
- CHAPTER 3: THE BUSINESS CONTINUITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
CHAPTER 4: ISO22301 – BCMS - REQUIREMENTS
- 4 Context of the Organisation - establishing and documenting:
- 5 Leadership - establishing and documenting:
- 6 Planning - determining and documenting:
- Project management
- 7 Support - establishing a range of resources that underpin the BCMS, including:
- 8 Operation - planning and implementing processes that deliver:
- Business impact analysis
- Business continuity strategy
- Business continuity planning
- What the BCP should include
- 9 Performance Evaluation - determining and documenting arrangements for:
- 10 Improvement - establishing procedures for:
- CHAPTER 5: CERTIFICATION
- CHAPTER 6: TERMINOLOGY
- ITG RESOURCES
- Title: ISO22301 - A Pocket Guide
- Release date: March 2013
- Publisher(s): IT Governance Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849284820
You might also like
Data Center Handbook
Provides the fundamentals, technologies, and best practices in designing, constructing and managing mission critical, energy efficient …
Business Continuity For Dummies
The easy way to ensure your business is prepared for anything If disaster struck, could your …
IT Auditing Using Controls to Protect Information Assets, Third Edition, 3rd Edition
Secure Your Systems Using the Latest IT Auditing Techniques Fully updated to cover leading-edge tools and …
Secure by Design
Secure by Design teaches you principles and best practices for writing highly secure software. At the …