Savvy advice for developing the necessary skills to become a vital part of any management team
Today's IT leaders are faced with an unprecedented leadership and organizational challenge. The entire landscape has changed over the past few years and it is now time for leaders and organizations to re-invent themselves to meet the new order. IT leaders need to redefine their role into one of being a trusted business advisor. IT Leadership Manual provides you with a set of specific recommendations and suggestions to assist you in your self-evaluations and to develop a personal plan for the future. It helps you build the leader in you, as well as how to become a formidable competitor in your own right.
Essential coverage of one of the most demanded IT topics
Helps you redefine your role from IT leader into trusted business advisor
Discusses leadership style, building out your network, achieving balance, the art of sales, and more
Written for IT managers and executives
Helps you transform from the backroom support service to a recognized member of the leadership team
Gives you the tools to migrate to today's expectations; Innovation, collaboration, influencer, trusted advisor
Traditional skills no longer apply. Organizations are now demanding a new set of expectations from IT leaders. IT Leadership Manual reveals how you can adopt new styles to make the transformation from IT manager to top management.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Chapter 1: The Journey
Chapter 2: We Are All Unique
- Look within Yourself First
- Self-Evaluation Process
- Reading Others
- Make Time for Yourself
- Know What You Don't Know
- Journey to Self-Awareness
- Self-Awareness Exercise
- Be Prepared
- Make Time for You and Live in the Moment
- Seek a Mentor
- Are You in Balance?
- What Motivates You?
- Do You Have Passion?
- What Will I Be When I Grow Up?
- Chapter 3: Are You Ready to Make a Move?
- Chapter 4: Developing Your Leadership Style
- Chapter 5: Soft Stuff Is What Really Matters
- Chapter 6: How Do You Compete?
- Chapter 7: Do You Have Enough Friends?
- Chapter 8: What Is Your Balance?
- Chapter 9: How Good Are You at Sales?
- Chapter 10: Are You Ready to Make the Change?
- Chapter 11: Today’s New World and How We Cope
- About the Author
- Title: IT Leadership Manual: Roadmap to Becoming a Trusted Business Partner
- Release date: September 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118237960