CHAPTER FOUR Project Management
We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.
—BENJAMIN FRANKLIN, AT THE SIGNING OF THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE
CHAPTER TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Projects and “Project Management”: A Quick Overview 96
2. Phase One: Scope the Project 99
3. Phase Two: Develop a Project Plan 105
4. Phase Three: Launch the Project 112
5. Phase Four: Track the Project’s Progress 113
6. Phase Five: Close Out the Project 119
7. Decision-Making Techniques 120
8. What to Do If/When the Project Gets Off Track 122
9. Useful Project Management Techniques 125
11. Multiple Projects: How to Juggle Well 135
12. Dealing with Non-IT Departments on a Project 136
13. Additional Resources 137
Get IT Manager's Handbook, 2nd Edition now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.