In today's computer-driven world, every modern business depends on its information technology. This means that IT systems have to be protected and regulated. If you run a company that is based in or has a presence in Britain, you need to be familiar with the UK laws and standards that relate to IT governance.
This pocket guide provides you with a concise and accessible guide to the relevant UK legislation, including the Data Protection Act 1998, the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000. It explains the importance of keeping and preserving records, and outlines the type of records your organisation is obliged to retain. IT compliance represents a key challenge for information professionals.
By offering you a bird's eye view of the IT compliance landscape, this pocket guide makes that challenge easier to overcome.
Benefits to business include:
Avoid breaches of criminal or civil law
This pocket guide covers the key IT compliance issues for organisations operating in the UK.
Find out what is required of IT systems under the Combined Code
The pocket guide summarises the requirements of the UK's corporate governance regime in relation to information risk, referring both to the Combined Code and to the Turnbull Guidance.
Learn about the UK's distance selling regulations
This pocket guide discusses the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. These regulations cover unsolicited direct marketing activity by e-mail. The pocket guide also looks at distance selling regulations such as the Electronic Commerce Regulations (2002).
Understand the requirements of copyright law
The pocket guide explains the implications of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 for your use of computer software, with particular reference to user licences. The guide also looks at how you can use steganography (digital watermarking) to protect your ownership of digital information.
This pocket guide includes coverage of key UK IT and information-related regulation, such as:
- FSA Regulations
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- Freedom of Information Act 2000
- Computer Misuse Act 1990 (as updated in 2006)
- Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1998
- Electronic Communications Act 2000
- Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000
- Human Rights Act 2000
- Disability Discrimination Act 1995
- Safeguarding of organizational resources
Make sure your IT systems comply with the rules... Buy this pocket guide today!
Table of contents
IT Regulatory Compliance in the UK
- CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION
- CHAPTER 2: CORPORATE GOVERNANCE
- CHAPTER 3: FSA RULE BOOK
- CHAPTER 4: UK LEGISLATION
- CHAPTER 5: DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998 (THE ‘DPA’)
- CHAPTER 6: PRIVACY AND ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS REGULATIONS 2003
- CHAPTER 7: FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 (THE ‘FOIA’)
- CHAPTER 8: COMPUTER MISUSE ACT 1990 (THE ‘CMA’)
- CHAPTER 9: COPYRIGHT DESIGNS AND PATENTS ACT 1988 (THE ‘CDPA’)
- CHAPTER 10: ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS ACT 2000
- CHAPTER 11: REGULATION OF INVESTIGATORY POWERS ACT 2000 (THE ‘RIPA’)
- CHAPTER 12: HUMAN RIGHTS ACT 1998 (THE ‘HRA’)
- CHAPTER 13: DISABILITY DISCRIMINATION ACT 1995 (THE ‘DDA’)
- CHAPTER 14: SAFEGUARDING OF ORGANIZATIONAL RECORDS
- ITG RESOURCES
- Title: IT Regulatory Compliance in the UK
- Release date: May 2007
- Publisher(s): IT Governance Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849281676
You might also like
Developing Cybersecurity Programs and Policies, Third Edition
All the Knowledge You Need to Build Cybersecurity Programs and Policies That Work Clearly presents best …
CISSP®: Certified Information Systems Security Professional: Study Guide, Fourth Edition
Building on the popular Sybex Study Guide approach, CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional Study Guide, …
Hacking Exposed 7, 7th Edition
The latest tactics for thwarting digital attacks “Our new reality is zero-day, APT, and state-sponsored attacks. …
A Practical Guide to Digital Forensics Investigations, 2nd Edition
THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO DIGITAL FORENSICSNOW THOROUGHLY UPDATED WITH NEW TECHNIQUES, TOOLS, AND SOLUTIONS Complete, practical …