2 Key terms and concepts
2.1 Overview of high-velocity IT
The following sections summarize the key features of high-velocity IT (HVIT). They are dealt with in more detail in subsequent chapters.
2.1.1 Key behaviour patterns
To survive and succeed in a high-velocity environment, organizations and people should adopt the following behaviour patterns:
• accept ambiguity and uncertainty
• trust and be trusted
• continually raise the bar
• help get customers’ jobs done
• commit to continual learning.
2.1.2 Models and concepts of HVIT culture
To support the key behaviour patterns, organizations should evolve the way they think and operate with regard to:
• Purpose How they define and fulfil their mission and objectives
• People How they ensure a ...
Get ITIL 4: High-velocity IT Reference and Study Guide now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.