The exam facts you need to pass your ITIL® Foundation Exam
ITIL® Foundation Essentials is a distillation of critical information - no waffle or padding - just exactly what you need to understand how to pass the ITIL Foundation exam. Aimed at self-study candidates, ITIL community training delegates, itSMF/BCS members and V2 Foundation Certificate holders, who have yet to take an upgraded exam, this pocket guide is fully aligned with the ITIL 2011 core volumes.
Project managers, who are looking to expand their qualifications, and IT contractors or consultants, who don't want to take time out from their day jobs to attend a course, will also find this pocket guide an essential companion to their studies and education.
The complete ITIL Foundation syllabus
THE essential companion for those studying the ITIL Foundation syllabus, the pocket guide covers key areas including:
- A basic introduction to ITIL and a description of service classifications (core, enabling, enhancing) and an outline of internal and external services.
- A point-by-point summary of the purpose, objectives, scope and value of the five stages of the service lifecycle that form the ITIL core; from strategy and design, through to transition, operation and continual service improvement (CSI).
- Separate sections in the guide are dedicated to describing ITIL key concepts and terminology (including ""stakeholders"" and ""processes, functions and roles"") and throughout the pocket guide the wide range of 3, 4 and 5 letter ITIL acronyms (including PBA, FMITS, BRM, SLM, OLA, SLR, VBF, ITSCM, SACM, RADM) are expanded and explained.
- A brief summary of the ITIL qualification scheme and the Foundation exam.
Prepare for the ITIL Foundation exam
ITIL is best practice for IT Service Management, developed by the UK government and globally adopted in both the public and private sectors. ITIL is not prescriptive, but rather it is a framework that organisations can adopt and adapt.
The Foundation Certificate is the entry-level ITIL qualification, which offers candidates a general awareness of the key elements, concepts and terminology used in the ITIL service lifecycle.
The aforementioned elements, concepts and terminology of ITIL have been condensed into this pocket guide to provide candidates with the essential facts they need in order to pass the ITIL Foundation exam."
Table of contents
- About The Author
- Chapter 1: Introducing ITIL
- Chapter 2: Services
- Chapter 3: Service Management
- Chapter 4: Stakeholders
- Chapter 5: Processes, Functions, Roles
- Chapter 6: The Service Lifecycle
- Chapter 7: Service Strategy
- Chapter 8: Service Design
- Chapter 9: Service Transition
- Chapter 10: Service Operation
- Chapter 11: Continual Service Improvement (CSI)
- Chapter 12: Roles
- Chapter 13: Service Management Automation
- Chapter 14: Service Management Skills and Training
- Chapter 15: The ITIL Qualification Scheme
- Chapter 16: The Foundation Exam
- ITG Resources
- Title: ITIL Foundation Essentials: The exam facts you need
- Release date: September 2012
- Publisher(s): IT Governance Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849284011
You might also like
CCNA 200-301 Official Cert Guide, Volume 1
Trust the best-selling Official Cert Guide series from Cisco Press to help you learn, prepare, and …
ITIL For Dummies, 2011 Edition
ITIL For Dummies provides an easy-to-understand introduction to using best practice guidance within IT service management. …
Ansible Certification: Red Hat EX407
More than 9 Hours of Video Instruction More than 9 hours of video instruction to first …
CCNA 200-301 Official Cert Guide Library
Cisco Press has the only study guides approved by Cisco for the new CCNA certification. The …