CHAPTER 6: THE SERVICE LIFECYCLE
- Five stages documented in five volumes, forming the ITIL core
- Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement
- Tracks a service from inception to retirement
- Service Strategy is the hub that drives the lifecycle
- CSI looks for improvements in all stages.
The core is supplemented by complementary guidance, specific to industry sectors, organisation types, operating models and technology architectures.
Purpose and objectives
- What a service provider needs to do to support its customer
- A strategy to ...