CHAPTER 13: SERVICE MANAGEMENT AUTOMATION
Automation can improve service asset performance, and service utility and warranty:
- Automated resources can have their capacity adjusted easily
- They don’t need human intervention, so can be available across time zones or service hours
- Automated systems can be measured and improved
- Computers can optimise services and processes in ways that humans could not
- Automation can capture knowledge about a process, and share it more easily.
Service process automation delivers benefits including:
- Better service quality
- Reduced costs and risks
- Reduced complexity and uncertainty.
These service management areas benefit from automation:
- Design and modelling
- Service Catalogue
- Pattern recognition and analysis
- Classification, ...