WHAT DOES IT REALLY TAKE TO SUCCEED AND PERFORM AS A BUSINESS MANAGER AND LEADER?
Great managers and leaders, at whatever level, are ones capable of driving performance and change through people. This book provides essential actions and behaviours to pursue (and those to avoid) for any manager who is seeking the path to great management and leadership.
Table of Contents
- 1. The human capital equation
- 2. Passionate about passion
- 3. Finding great people
- 4. Keeping talented people
- 5. The feel good interview
- 6. Day one
- 7. Inspiring from the start
- 8. The positive exit
- 9. Challenge the status quo
- 10. Do it, do it now!
- 11. The 3 “Cs” – communicate, communicate, communicate!
- 12. Positive “No”
- 13. The no pay gain
14. It's all about the people – my concluding 'bitz & pieces!
- Bored board
- Building loyalty/exceeding expectations
- Common sense
- Creating open/risk free culture
- Aligning aspirations with reality
- Pursuit of the best, no to mediocrity.
- Review and feedback
- Promoting early to create stretch
- Retaining reality
- Internal communications
- Author's profile
- Author's background in greater detail
- Summary of ‘do it, do it nows’ chapter by chapter.
- Title: It's the People
- Release date: October 2008
- Publisher(s): LID Publishing
- ISBN: 9781907794018