Chapter 10. Designing from Scratch: Beyond Templates
In this chapter we will cover:
- Editing a shape to create a graphic design element
- Drawing curved lines to enhance the graphic detail in a design
- Using flowing colors for graphic headings
- Using a color picker to create a custom color palette
- Fading an image from side to side with an overlapping object
- Setting custom document dimensions
- Using columns and Text Boxes to lay out text
- Designing repeating elements such as footer and object coordinates, and creating sections
Templates included with iWork applications provide instant design solutions. They have all the beauty and elegance we associate with Apple.
Nevertheless, no template can fit all our requirements, and there comes a point when we want to create ...