Learn how to use Java, with an emphasis on Java 10. Start with Java fundamentals and end with a series of advanced Java concepts. There are 14 clips in this video series:
- About Java. In this first clip of the Java 10 series, learn about Java along with how to install the Java 10 environment including the Eclipse IDE. Write your first program which is the famous “Hello World” program.
- Variables, Types, and Operators. In this second clip of the Java 10 series, practice storing and manipulating data through variables, types, and operators. Types include integer, double, Boolean, Char, and string. Practice using “and” and “or” operators. Learn about various type errors.
- Arrays. In this third clip of the Java 10 series, learn all about arrays and their variations. Different types of errors including Runtime and Syntax are covered as well.
- Functions. In this fourth clip of the Java 10 series, explore functions including why you should use them, when you should use them, and their side effects.
- Object Oriented Programming. In this fifth clip of the Java 10 series, understand object-oriented programming in Java, including what is an object, why it is important, and how to define your own classes. Object oriented concepts are reinforced using a detailed example. The importance of comments is emphasized. Master the toString() Method.
- Getting Keyboard Input. In this sixth clip of the Java 10 series, learn how to receive keyboard input and import a Java library. Master both nextInt() and nextLine().
- Decision Statements. In this seventh clip of the Java 10 series, learn how to code for decisions including applying the following statements: if, else, and switch statements. Learn when to use each type of decision statement.
- Loops. In this eighth clip of the Java 10 series, learn how to code for iteration including applying the following statements: or loops, while loops, do/while loops, and foreach loops. Learn when to use each type of loop statement.
- Recursion. In this ninth clip of the Java 10 series, recursion will be explored and differentiated from loops. Learn how to optimize recursion such as the Fibonacci sequence.
- The Java Class Library. In this tenth clip of the Java 10 series, explore the Java Class Library and practice using several components including ArrayLists, TreeSets, and HashMaps. Learn about the Iterator class.
- Static Variables and Methods. In this eleventh clip of the Java 10 series, understand the concept of “static”. Learn how and when to use both static variables and methods.
- Inheritance and Polymorphism. In this twelfth clip of the Java 10 series, master inheritance and know when to use inheritance. Also understand Polymorphism and how it should be used.
- Functional Programming. In this thirteenth clip of the Java 10 series, explore functional programming including the concepts of Streams, Lambdas, Map, Filter, and Reduce.
- Advanced Topics. In this fourteenth clip of the Java 10 series, practice several advanced topics including exception handling and reading and writing to files.