Learn Java 11 like a pro. Harness the power of Java 11 and build interactive applications through real-world examples.
About This Video
- Learn Java 11 programming by building interesting, fun example applications
- Get started quickly with software programming using the Java 11 language
- Use Java coding best practices, tips, and tools to improve your productivity
Java is the world's most popular programming language. It is easier to use, write, compile, debug, and learn than any other programming language.
In this course, you will go through real-world examples and work with Java 11 programming concepts and features. You will bridge the gap between learning and perform and improve on your development skills. You will build an Interest Calculator app, SlackBot app, a Pig Latin Converter app, and a Personal Finance Analyzer app—all from scratch.
By the end of the course, you will have a firm grasp of using Java 11 in your day-to-day programming. This course will be the first step in your career to becoming a professional Java developer.
The code bundle for this video course is available at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Java-11-Programming-for-Beginners
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Get Up and Running with Java 11
- The Course Overview 00:03:32
- Installing Java 11 and the IntelliJ IDEA Community IDE 00:03:01
- Setting Up Environment and Prerequisites 00:02:50
- Running Hello World 00:05:55
- Chapter 2 : Create Your Interest Calculator Classes
- Chapter 3 : Create Slackbot Using OOPs
Chapter 4 : Build a Pig Latin Converter – Reading Input, Calculation, and Handling Errors
- Understanding Assignment and Operators 00:07:25
- Controlling Flows and Logical Operators 00:06:30
- Working with Strings, Characters, and Regular Expressions 00:05:53
- Error Handling in Java 11 00:03:27
- Managing the Input/Output 00:05:21
- Chapter 5 : Build a Personal Finance Analyzer Using API’s and Annotations
- Title: Java 11 Programming for Beginners
- Release date: August 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788834186