SQL is a rich language, and we do not have enough space to cover all its features. We would just like to enumerate a few of its most popular ones so you are aware of their existence and could look them up when needed:
- The SELECT statement allows the use of the DISTINCT keyword to get rid off all the duplicate values
- Adding the ORDER BY keyword presents the result in the specified order
- The keyword LIKE allows you to set the search pattern to the WHERE clause
- The search pattern can use several wildcard: %, _, [charlist], [^charlist], or [!charlist]
- Matching values can be enumerated with the IN keyword
- The SELECT statement can include several tables using the JOIN clause
- SELECT * INTO table_2 from table_1 creates table_2 ...