Use loops to process, mutate data and simplify processing logic with functional programming
About This Video
- Exposure to using Maven for dependency management
- Use loops to process, filter, and mutate the data
- Simplify your processing logic using functional programming
More than three years after the release of Java 8, the next version is now just around the corner. You may have heard about Java 9’s module system, but there's even more to this new version.
The course will teach you how to leverage the power of multithreading in Java, before moving on to look at the benefits of modularising larger projects. We start of on our path by building a Twitter application that leverages the Twitter public API. We will start with a trivial single threaded implementation, pulling a single hashtag, and storing tweets in a text file. We will then accelerate the application by leveraging multi-threading, to download and process hashtags concurrently. Functional programming will be used for processing data streams.
By the end of this course, you will be familiar with Java 9 Performance Optimization and Modularization.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Processing Twitter Hashtags
- Chapter 2 : Accelerating Hashtag Processing
- Chapter 3 : Avoiding Common Threading Issues
- Chapter 4 : Project Jigsaw
- Title: Java 9 Performance Optimization and Modularization
- Release date: August 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788398084