Build production-ready applications with the latest features of Java EE 8
About This Video
- Create Java 8 applications according to best practices and patterns
- Explore best use cases, identify the problem areas, and solve them with the right Java EE API
- Learn to use the different APIs available in Java 8
This course is the perfect guide to create a Java EE 8 application. You'll build a real-world chat application and will learn the best patterns and techniques in Java EE.
You'll build a business model for a chat application with CDI and JSON. First, you'll create the skeleton of the business model. Moving on, you’ll learn to add features to the model such as user, message, and chat. Once you’ve set the model, you'll develop a connection between chat client and server using Websockets. Then, you'll create a REST API for other front-end JSclient applications. Finally, you'll develop a UI for the chat application by using the latest version of Java Server Faces JSF 2.3.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to create a full-fledged web application using the new features of Java EE 8.
If you’re a Java developer and want to become proficient with Java EE 8, then this course is ideal for you. You are expected to have prior knowledge of Java and some experience in developing and deploying applications in the past. No prior knowledge of Java EE is required.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Building an Application with CDI
- Chapter 2 : Creating a Business Model for the Application – JSONP and JSONB
- Chapter 3 : Developing Connection Between Chat Client and Server Using Websockets (JMS)
- Chapter 4 : Creating RESTful API
- Chapter 5 : Developing UI for the Applications
- Title: Java EE 8 Application Development
- Release date: September 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788622189
You might also like
Microsoft Power BI - The Complete Masterclass [2023 EDITION]
Microsoft Power BI is an interactive data visualization software primarily focusing on business intelligence, part of …
React - The Complete Guide (Includes Hooks, React Router, and Redux) - Second Edition
**This course is now updated for the latest version of React—React 18** React.js is the most …
Docker for the Absolute Beginner - Hands-On
Docker is an open platform for developers and sysadmins to build, deploy, and run distributed applications …
Angular - The Complete Guide [2023 Edition]
If you are looking to become a proficient Angular developer and build modern, responsive, and scalable …