Build production-ready applications with the latest features of Java EE 8
About This Video
- Create Java 8 applications according to best practices and patterns
- Explore best use cases, identify the problem areas, and solve them with the right Java EE API
- Learn to use the different APIs available in Java 8
This course is the perfect guide to create a Java EE 8 application. You'll build a real-world chat application and will learn the best patterns and techniques in Java EE.
You'll build a business model for a chat application with CDI and JSON. First, you'll create the skeleton of the business model. Moving on, you’ll learn to add features to the model such as user, message, and chat. Once you’ve set the model, you'll develop a connection between chat client and server using Websockets. Then, you'll create a REST API for other front-end JSclient applications. Finally, you'll develop a UI for the chat application by using the latest version of Java Server Faces JSF 2.3.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to create a full-fledged web application using the new features of Java EE 8.
The code bundle for this course is available at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Java-EE-8-Application-Development-
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Building an Application with CDI
Chapter 2 : Creating a Business Model for the Application – JSONP and JSONB
- The JSONP Model API 00:04:44
- Populating Java Objects from JSON with JSONB 00:03:19
- Generating JSON Strings from Java Objects with JSONB 00:04:21
- The JSONP Streaming API 00:06:29
- Chapter 3 : Developing Connection Between Chat Client and Server Using Websockets (JMS)
- Chapter 4 : Creating RESTful API
- Chapter 5 : Developing UI for the Applications
- Title: Java EE 8 Application Development
- Release date: September 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788622189