Become proficient in Java in this nine-part video series, covering these topics:
- Introducing Java. This first clip in the Java Primer series helps you get up and running in Java, including installing and setting up the Java environment and the Eclipse IDE.
- Java Syntax. This second clip in the Java Primer series explains in detail the syntax of Java including objects, classes, methods, and instance variables. Learn about variables types, arrays, operators, and strings. Understand how to construct While loops and craft decision statements. Write your first Java program!
- Object Oriented Programming in Java. This third clip in the Java Primer series explains object-oriented programming concepts and how OOP has been implemented in Java. Learn all about functions, objects, and classes.
- Files and Input/Output. This fourth clip in the Java Primer series explains in detail how to perform input and output. Learn about the java.io package and the InPutStream and OutPutStream. Learn about the standard streams of Standard Input (STDIN), Standard Output (STDOUT), and Standard Error (STDERR). Learn how to leverage directories in Java.
- Inheritance in Java. This fifth clip in the Java Primer series explains inheritance in detail. Learn how to allow one object to acquire the properties of another object in Java.
- Overriding in Java. This sixth clip in the Java Primer series explains how to change the properties and functionality of an object which have been inherited from another object.
- Polymorphism in Java. This seventh clip in the Java Primer series explains in detail the concept of polymorphism and how to use polymorphism in Java using reference variables.
- Networking in Java. This eighth clip in the Java Primer series explains in detail networking in Java. Learn how to write programs that execute across multiple devices. Know how the java.net package can help with network functionality, by providing theTCP and UDP protocols, as well as socket programming functionality.
- Java Packages. This ninth clip in the Java Primer series explains Java packages and how to use the most common packages of java.lang and java.io. Learn how to create your own package in Java as well.